On 25 Oct 2005, at 05:54, Jerry Daniels wrote:

David,

I am having trouble with the concept of selecting something without the user touching it. We could, of course, make a preference for this behavior.

? That is the behaviour of Constellation no - select in object browser and manipulate - even though object is not selected (and now seems not to be selected even if using Rev inspector and only Constellation Script editing).

It is just that I want to know what object is indicated (but not actually selected if you get my inadequate struggle for terminology here) from my own tools / scripts. This would require you to expose your code as a nice easy API along the lines of Richards post?

P.S. I hope you get treatment for that virus, too.

Well as you are the infective agent - I'd prefer not :)