Hi Charles,

I use Sarah's Golden Rule and Richard's libraries concept as much as possible. In one project I'm using a few giant script repository stacks for everything that can be abstracted - actually they're just super-sized libraries.

Also, I find my focus improves when I do some pre-planning... not the funeral arrangements kind, but the flowcharts kind with paper and pencil. I depict a process or system on paper with as non-computerish, action-oriented labels and terms as possible, then desk-check my system on paper to see if I covered everything, and then use the flowchart as a roadmap in development of handlers and objects.

Regarding your question, this kind of project planning may result in insight that helps you organize your code in a way that will be intuitively obvious to you, so you'll just "know" where to look for such-and-such kind of handler.

Phil Davis

Charles Hartman wrote:
I know this is going to sound like a *really* dumb question, if only because it's so vague. But I'm wondering how people adjust their workflow to the way Transcript's code is dispersed among many separate scripts.

I keep getting lost. I keep forgetting where my code is that does such-and-such. (Which script was that in?) So I keep losing track of what I was about to do next, and my concentration falls apart. It's making Rev *much* slower for me to program in than supposedly more complicated languages like Python and C++.

Anybody think this makes any sense? Any hints how to think about it differently?

Charles Hartman