On Nov 16, 2005, at 8:24 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

I have a pulldown menu button on  group shared across all cards in a
stack... the standard "Edit".

Select All/A

the cmd symbol for the Mac appears as expected to the right of the
menu item in the pull down.

case "Select All"
if the selected fld is not empty then select text of the selected field.
break

If I run this stack from m stand alone player, the item to select all
text in a field only works if the user mouses up to the button and
pulls it down and chooses that item. So the script it OK... But, if
the user puts his cursor into a fld and clicks cmd-A from the
keyboard it doesn't work??

If the script is OK, then it has to be a key problem. Do you have a
commandKeyDown handler that could be blocking the command key? Or a
keyDown, keyUp, rawKeyDown or rawKeyUp handler that could be blocking
the 'A'?

I'm curious about this too, because I have found that *blocking* cmd- A (= select all) in a field is very hard, meaning I haven't found a way to do it. (So I had the opposite problem from the o.p.) Oddly enough, cmd-C (= copy) seems also to work by itself, but I found I had to write code to implement cmd-V (= paste). Puzzling.

Charles Hartman