No disrespect intended Xavier, but your reply to my message is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. It had the message headers, the stupid Hotmail signature and the mailing-list signature quoted.

I'm on the digest mode because there are many topics mentioned on the list aren't really something I'm interested (mind you there are more interesting topics than not), but with all the "garbage" in posted in the message it makes it very difficult to be able to scan through and find interesting tid-bits of knowledge and snippets of code (somedays I just look at the subject list and hit delete).. I wasn't on the digest and I received 40 emails a day that were basically bandwidth wasters I'd probably cancel my subscription to the list.

Now if only email clients were smart enough to strip the signatures like they're supposed to ;-)