On 22 Nov 2005, at 12:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

David,

The thing with XUL or the basis for this question is to just translate XML
type data or streams of data
to memory for faster management....

I also tried to work with xml in a recent project and as soon as i had 500
objects in this text variable
things started slowing down drastically... Which is what i would like to
avoid.

Since puting arrays into arrays is out of the question in rev (though it
would be idea), and XML does
require a bit more parsing than arrays, there must be an easier, or more
efficient method...

BTW, i did try xml into an array, and the problem is still parsing xml...
Parsing Arrays is much more
efficient...

Yes - would be a problem for large documents - but XUL and web services are not that large? For anything larger I guess the only choice is a database - Valentina comes to mind due to its clean object-relational mapping? Maybe Ruslan can give some pointers?

However in general, as I am not strong in database design, I do not know how to structure such dbs with variable nesting - for these reasons I like to shift anything that complex to the domain of open source projects that have spent years tackling it and call them with web services?

NB - XUL (XML user interface language) is used by Mozilla to define in an open way how rich applications lay out their interfaces. This is another example of how Revolution can be used as a key component of an open source strategy.