Not sure exactly what you're trying to do (or why) but check out the value function in the docs.

For a simple example:

put 42 into x
put "x" into buffer1
put value(buffer1)

produces 42 as a result.

Is that what you wanted to do?

On Nov 27, 2005, at 5:08 PM, Ian Leigh wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to do the following:

Put a variable name into another buffer variable.
Reference the actual variable but using the buffer variable.

So I only have the name of the variable in the buffer but I want to put a value into the actual variable only by using the variable name which is stored in the buffer.

Does this make sense and can it be done? I thought simply :

put 123 into "buffer"

might work but it doesn't work that way. I have also tried various adds and used the value command too but I can't seem to figure it out. Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers.