David Burgun wrote:
Yes, but this isn't an Apple/Mac problem. I don't care if the preference menu is enabled or disabled, but I want it's visible status to reflect it's state, which is not what happens. I disable then Edit Menu, but the preferences item remains enabled, BUT it won't generate a menuPick event.

This effectively mean that you cannot disable the edit or help menu's under MacOS X!

Under what circumstances would you want to remove the user's access to Preferences or Help?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal