Chipp Walters wrote:

> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> For myself, I love Fireworks so much for making UI elements I can't
>> imagine using anything else.  I've thought about making Rev-based
>> alternatives, but I could spend 10 years working toward that and
>> still not have the Fireworks I can get for just $300. :)
>
> ButtonGadget makes pretty good 4-state buttons as well, and it
> works as a plugin within Rev. (19.95 WinXP only)
>
> I'm committed to a Mac version in January.
> www.buttongadget.com

And a fine tool it is.

My fetish for Fireworks is because I use it for so many things in addition to buttons, and have all my Photoshop plugins available for those tasks as well.

I think I've booted Photoshop twice since I got v7.0, once to see how they handled a UI challenge and once to open a file from a contractor. For all my other graphics needs I'm a Fireworks fanatic through and through.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal