One of the things I like about a web board interface is being able to mark a thread ans as subcribed and then receiving email notices whenever there is a post. Ideally though I would probably use a news reader such as gravity and let it highlight topics I am participating in. To me the mailing list method of keeping up to date is the one I least prefer. Most of the time I want to search first before I post and unless you subscribed from day one to a list and keep your mail from that list forever you need to go to a web interface first anyways.

Steve

Judy Perry wrote:

I think we've had previous discussion on the topic of mail list vs. web
board and, IIRC, the majority of respondents preferred using a mail list.

I know I do, and the reason is that I'm simply too scatterbrained,
over-multi-tasked, insufficiently disciplined, and forgetful for a web
board to be useful for me.  I want something that comes to me whether I
want it to or not and whether I think I'll need it today or not.

Judy