That reminds me of another one, but PC only: Alice, from Carnegie Mellon University. It looks full of potential, to me, but I can't figure out how to get animated 3D characters into it without owning a copy of Maya or Max. You could, however, always use sprites made from 3D animated characters and paste them onto billboards, I suppose. What is nice about Alice is that it is drag and drop programming in the fashion and order of real programming, minus the requirement of syntax awareness and mastery. Once your game is complete, you can generate an actual Python code representation of it. Still, everything seems to keep dragging people back to those horrid programming languages that make brains ache and stomachs bleed.

Take a look at Alice:   http://www.alice.org

Greg Smith