I have come to the same conclusion - working on a 6-7 stack large project and command and function names like

libSQB_CustomPropertyToNewObjectPAIR pOptions,pobjProp1,pobjProp2

libKMR_returnFieldTitlesARRAYFromDatabase pTargetDB, pTableName

although verbose, really work for me... I just cut and paste the long names..and prefix most names with the stack name.

I have to stop and force myself to think more about and describe what this damn thing does and where else can I use it - and I package (and re-use) a larger quantity of smaller subroutines as a result.

sqb

Because "efficiency" of producing original source code leads to gross ineffiency during debugging and subsequently as modifications are made over the life of the software. IMFO, cryptic names and cryptic syntax save one little during initial coding and cost _lots_ over the rest of the life of a project.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company

--
stephen barncard