Bill and Tom,

You may be interested to know that I have started doing something vaguely along these lines in revolution. Rather than the konfab approach, I have taken the mozilla one (konfab is a thing of the past, the *new* thing is mozilla ;-) ). XUL is an xml specification to define interface components. XBL or eXtensible Binding Language allows you to attach behaviors to XUL's XML elements.

Used Together, you can define interface components that are interchangeable between applications and even interchangeable between different programming environments.

I will post more information soon (demo included). Hopefully next week.

Yes, Tom, thanks for asking about this.

A K. distribution is very simple:

- a .widget file, which is exactly a .zip file,

containing:

- a folder of resources (images, sounds)
- a .kon file, which is an XML file encapsulating attributes for the objects
and JavaScript.

Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist

Alternative emails: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Homepage http://homepages.lexicall.org/mlange/
Easy access to lexical databases                    http://lexicall.org
Supporting Education Technologists http:// revolution.lexicall.org/wiki