Scott:

I made a bit of progress... I wanted to "play" with the window shape to see if a feathered outer edge to the window shape was good (I'm not so sure now that I see it.. I mean it's "cool" and all, but a clean edge to probably a more solid design)

Any way I set that image as the window shape and put it all the way to the back, it's a PNG feathered on the outside and solid inside.. then I created another PNG which is a dup of the first one, but this time with a transparent square hole in the center set this to the top layer -- this is the "picture frame" and put my world map underneath it...

Then I have a logo and a couple of titles that I wanted to show on top of the world map as it moves...

OK this all works pretty well as I want now. At least if everything is just static... But if we start adding animation using simple move and show with visual effects, --problems... big time...

We are not talking rocket science animation here:

on preopenstack
  set the windowshape of this stack to 1010
  set the loc of this stack to the screenloc
  set the loc of img "world_map.png" to 465,240
  hide img "ht_title.png"
  hide img "ht_logo.png"
  hide img "ht_digital.png"
  hide img"world_map.png"
end preopenstack

on openstack

  show img"world_map.png" with visual effect iris open fast
# the above actual pokes a hole momentarily in the interface
# and my desktop shows thru during the iris open action.
# not intended but an interesting effect...and possibly
# could be considered a "bug" since the windowshape image is
# not transparent in the middle....

move img "world_map.png" from 465,240 to 195,240 in 3 seconds without waiting
# this is horrible, the map "jerks" across the window...

  show img "ht_logo.png" with visual effect reveal down slowly
  show img "ht_title.png" with visual effect wipe down slowly
# more incredibly bad results, flicker, double images, grey boxes appearing...

  show img "ht_digital.png"

end openstack

Results--disaster... I'm getting the world map jerking across the screen instead of moving in a smooth fluid motion over 3 seconds.. and the visual effects of the title images on top of the moving map underneath are, well, stunningly bad... flicker, double image, grey box appears, followed by the actual title image... I'm doing something terribly wrong.

I'll upload the stack to my space later today after our fire wall "wakes up" here (no http during off hours...)

I didn't implement the group but I do get that as a useful way to "mask" an img that moves around inside the group.... but I don't think it will solve the basic display problems.. Either I am missing something simple... Or Rev simply doesn't do well with layered animation effects, animated images on top of animated images..??

Sivakatirswami