I have just decided that I need to write a stock portfolio reporting program in DreamCard. Every canned program I have tried, does not show my portfolio in a way that is useful to me for making certain decisions. I end up with several spreadsheets that I am hand updating every day --not the kind of thing a Rev programmer should have to put up with!

This will involve a new area of learning for me --I need to find a way to download realtime quotes from the internet every 5 minutes. Does anyone have any experience doing this, and can I get a few pointers about how to start to tackle it?

I also need to be able to run this stack at the same time I am running the DreamCard IDE. I know that if I am running DC Player at the same time as DC IDE, the two interfere in some ways. I was wondering if the StackRunner program also interferes with DC IDE if both are running?

I am doing this program for my own use (as opposed to for someone else). Therefore, I am open to sharing my results as an example.

As always, any help is appreciated.
Dennis