Howdy,

Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:38:42 -0500
From: "Mathewson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Why did HyperCard wither away? [was: Re: Why is Konfabulator
        'Pretty?']

open a channel of communication with
Bill Atkinson - the man deserves it, dammit, he started all
this!

From what I've seen and been able to gather, he inclines to interviews on occasion, declines the rest, on purpose, but he's done with programming (made all the moolah he needs), doesn't want or need the pressure, and loves his digital photography, which he has the freedom to do his own way. I see it as a kind of retirement gig, like I'm doing with music and sound engineering. I think the current state of sottware development is a place he might give advice to (one never truly quits 100%, I suppose), but I doubt any other form of participation.

One might consider that he has paid his dues, doesn't owe anyone (although he's a fairly humble guy and might not say that), so I'd say find another guru who isn't retired, and let the guy rest on his laurels, if that's his desire.

All the best,
Ken N.