Kurt,

I've been using this one since you posted it and i really like it. VERY fast.

Thanks!

Jerry Daniels

Object Editing in a Tabbed Browser!
http://www.daniels-mara.com/products/constellation.htm

On Dec 6, 2005, at 8:06 PM, Kurt Kaufman wrote:

I don't remember who to thank for this one, which I modified only slightly:

on testForConnection
put "255.255.255.255:43222" into testSocket
    open datagram socket to testSocket
    put hostAddress(testSocket) into theIPAddress
    close socket testSocket
    if theIPAddress is "127.0.0.1" then
      --it's the local machine address, so not connected
      --may insert connection routine here
end  testForConnection

-Kurt