mmm.. I have 2.6.1 and yes there are four groups of textual info and yes there are no cursor issues there. if three are hidden, even if on top of #4, the i-Beam appears.

I went through a painstaking layer test and it's very simple.

The main "background" image... which is a PNG file with a transparent "hole" in it will not allow the I-beam cursor to appear anywhere in the transparent area, if the vis of that image is on and the layer is higher, on top of, the text field. Oddly though, you *can* drag and select text...

Scott was right... if you hide the image, the i-beam will appear. but in this case the vis of the png is on... I think I can solve this with a little more precise layering, now that I understand it... if not, I throw in the towel and will go for separate cards... not my favorite dev strategy though...

Sivakatirswami