I'm writing a school application that uses a mySQl database via the lib.Bmm.Database library, which has worked smoothly as a substack. I just added as an additional substack the library libSmtp253 so I can email reports to students. The new stack works just fine in the Revolution development environment, but any standalone I've built since I added the SMTP capability generates a dialog on entry that reports "219 Please try again later." This dialog appears at the point of the first database access.

The message is coming from the engine, if my search is correct. I've located some discussion of similar problems on the Use Revolution list in 2004, which mentioned a workaround for splash screen startup stacks (which I'm not using) and a possible engine problem with database access when there are more than two substacks. (Heeding this, I eliminated a simple substack I was using in addition.) I've tried various ways of creating the standalone by specifying inclusions or letting RunRev decide. I removed and carefully re- installed the two libraries following instructions from Eric Chatonet in Scripter's Scrapbook. All to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Am I doing something wrong, or is there some workaround I haven't found? I would appreciate ANY advice, since my faculty needs this app and I'm stuck.

Thanks,