Hi Bill,

For performance and reliability (the problem you are seeing is almost
certainly the result of memory management trouble) I would create an actual
75x50 pixel thumbnail (not shrink a 5 megapixel image) for the opening page
and link to the full image as a discreet file on disk.

Thanks for your suggestion.

My design was influenced by the desire to distribute the standalone as a single file to keep the individual images inaccessable to the viewer.

Would it help to:

        * Set images' alwaysBuffer to false?

* Replace Photo Index Card's buttons with images whose imageData is set to the imageData of the thumbnail image?

        * ??

Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

Vive R Revolution!