I have about 300 items for a timeline, each with a start date, an end date, some simple classification, a title, and some text content. I'm building a Rev back end to manage the timeline events, and a flash front end to create an animated timeline. Flash will be reading what is essentially a tab-delimited database.

First, am I better off dropping text into an array in Rev to edit it, or simply sorting and managing the text as a big hunk of text?

Second, if the array is better, how do I sort the array? (I've already built the Rev tool to split the text into the array). I've tried "sort gMyEvents numeric by item 1 of each" (after defining the itemDelimiter as tab). Is there a simple way to sort an array? Am I missing something?