On Dec 23, 2005, at 10:02 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to help some friends offload their digital video captured to a
memory stick that came with the Samsung Digital-Cam SC-D353.

It shipped with PC-only software.

I can see the files, they have QuickTime icons on them, but QT reports
that it is an AVI file for which QT doesn't have the proper codec.

Samsung's site is less than helpful... I read somewhere that it uses the
SMP4 codec.

Any ideas?

Kindest thanks,

Judy

I''m not sure if you're asking about offloading or viewing, but If you're just trying to view the AVI's you might try VLC

http://www.videolan.org/

-Mark