Karen,
Very nice. You do realise that you can do this (and so much more) running shell scripts (from RR) to call R? And cross-platform, too. Check out: <http://www.r-project.org/>

On 28-Dec-05, at 7:58 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

I thought I'd just mention that "Statistics Calculator" is available
in the Curlypaws user space.

It takes a text file of comma separated values and calculates the
minimum, maximum, mean, median, standard deviation, quartile 1 and
quartile 3.  It also generates a box plot of the results.  You can
open the file through the program, or use drag and drop.

Perhaps more interestingly, it uses Altuit's Interface Designer for
the design (which is already great to use).

My partner is doing an Open University Maths course, so I thought I'd
do something along these lines.  I realise that Revolution has median
and standard deviation functions - but I didn't know this when I
started :-).  Hopefully the code may be of interest to someone!

Karen

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

-Dr. John R. Vokey