I've learned that my provider is running Linux 1.1.3 with glibc 2.3.1

my scripts (which worked at another provider [unix]) are no longer working.
Checking Ken Ray's site, I found some clues to what needs to be done. However,
my provider doesn't allow telnet connections, so I can't do the diagnostics.

What should I ask my provider to do? install some libraries?
Judging from Ken's site I might need:
libXext.so.6
libX11.so.6

anything else? are most providers open to installing libraries?
thanks
tm