Hi Marty,

If you are on MacOS X, choosing Quit from the application menu trggers the shutdownRequest message but not the closeStackRequest message, i.e. the application quits before the closeStackRequest message is sent. The closeStackRequest message seems to be triggered on Windows before shutDownRequest message is sent. I'm not sure about Linux.

Best,

Mark

Marty Knapp wrote:
I'm building a single stack standalone which will give the user the option of saving data upon closing or quiting (to text files). I'm confused about how to do this. I've been trying the "shutDown" message but have not found it to be 100%. If I click the closebox on the stack it seems to catch it every time, but if I choose "Quit" fron the menu, it works about 80% of the time. (Trying out Rev 2.6.1)

I don't understand the functional difference between using shutdown and shutdownrequest, other than shutdownrequest allowing you to pass or not pass.

Anybody have a recipe for me?

Marty Knapp

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.