Kresten,

We've just finished developemnt on the altFont external which will allow Mac and PC users to embed fonts with their applications. They are temporarily installed until:

1) The developer removes them or;
2) The OS restarts

We're currently testing them and will have them for sale at Altuit shortly.

best,

Chipp

Kresten Bjerg wrote:
HI
After the long discussion on font installation in March,(3/3/05 - 30/3/05) and
my  (unanswered) posting last week on the same topic, I got the following idea:
If a downloadable standalone / with an installer/ comes in a folder, in which  my
fontsuite is included, couldnt  an answer dialogue be constructed, which - (when
invoked by users clicking a button)  by itself, and without the users browsing,
could locate the (WIN or MAC) OS fontfolder, and - on users accept -  simply move
the included fontsuite to that folder. Its a onetime event, and the intricacies of
"using the 'ext.dll', installing the fonts as custom properties etc , which I
cant understand, and which seems to involve cross platform intricacies, could
perhaps be avoided.
Of course one could also instruct the user to "manually" copy the dowloaded fontsuite to the OS fontfolder, - but the standalone is meant for users who might not know what a font or a folder is.
I guess the handlers for doing this on windows and on macs  will be slightly
different, - but can it be done on both systems ?- and ... frankly: can someone
on the list help with the necessary commands in such answer dialogues.?
(That the user will have to restart before using is no problem).