Apart from my Windows machine, I have only one other old PC at the moment that I use for Linux. Last night, in order to try and reproduce "Ken's bug" (since I thought it might be connected to the use of a slower machine), I ripped out my Linux and installed Win XP. Unfortunately, the widgets worked perfectly! The only thing I noted was the greater flashing that Xavier complained about.

But all is not lost! I got my son #3 to run the widgets on his laptop, and lo-and-behold the problem appeared! All I need to do now is to try and kidnap his machine for a while so that I can find a cure.

Just thought you might like to know...

Bob