Hi Éric,
I  have exactly the same problem as Graham's.
I just tried this morning on Mac :
I duplicated Rev. (I obtained a  "Revolution copie")
Then, opened two versions of my app. each with one different Rev instance. But, I get the message "A stack with the same name is already etc. etc...." with "SAVE, PURGE or CANCEL. So I can't open the two versions of my app. simultaneously :-((

Where is my mystake ?
thank you in advance

Best regards from Grenoble
André