Ken Ray wrote:
Hi,

I'm downloading files via HTTP with 'load URL' and then I'm writing them to
disk with "put url... into binfile". Everything works fine, but it takes a
really long time to write the data to disk. For example, if I download a
12MB file into the cache, it takes well over a minute to write it to disk.

So two questions: (1) is there any other way I can get a 'loaded' file to
disk other than the way I'm doing it, and (2) if not, is there anything I
can do to speed it up?

I'm using "libURLDownloadToFile" and it's as fast as anything I download from a browser. If you don't need it in RAM first, try that.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]