Hi Ken,

As Rev uses as much virtual memory as it needs, RAM can't specifically be a problem.
But this slows down the things and sometimes can bring issues.
Anyway in the case you describe, 448 MB should be enough.
Then your problem is elsewhere.
Try to reinstall a fresh copy...

And welcome to this amazing world ;-)

Best Regards from Paris,