Le Friday, 10 Feb 2006, à 17:58 Europe/Paris, J. Landman Gay a écrit :

But just to be complete for anyone who is following this, you could also do this:

on preOpenCard
  if the number of this cd > 4
  then set the dontsearch of this cd to false
end preOpencard

on closeCard
  set the dontsearch of this cd to true
end closeCard

This would be the fastest way to do what you want. Before you run these scripts, make sure you have set all the cards to dontsearch. The above handlers just make the current card searchable, unless it is one of the first four.

Hi Jacqueline,
I tried that of course ; actually, it is the fastest way !! (from 2000 measures on each solution, I found a mean about 15 times faster than the mean of the preceeding solution :-)))

Meanwhile, before searching in the current card only, I have to search among the cards (to find those which include the keywords).
 So I can't set, once and for, all the dontsearch to true.
Thus, I have to switch the dontsearch (of all cards) from true to false (and resume true) in a couple of places in my whole program.
It works very well.

Thanks a lot for your attention to this problem and your very nice solution

Best regards from Grenoble
André

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]