Richmond,

Have you considered used "Sticky Keys"? It comes built in to the Macintosh OS under the Universal Access panel in the System Preferences. It states:
"for difficulties pressing more than one key at a time:"
With it on you only have to hit the sequence of modifier keys as single key hits.

With it on you only have to hit the sequence of modifier keys as single key hits.

I copied the sentence above using it with just one finger.

HTH

Tom