Graham Samuel wrote:
On the Mac, I still get the menuBar, and the dock swings into view when the mouse gets to the bottom of the screen; but on the PC, the whole screen gets covered, including the dock-like thing at the bottom of the screen (I can never remember what this is called - maybe it's the taskbar), with the result that you can't get back to the PC desktop without quitting the RunRev standalone.

Both these schemes have their advantages, but the key issue is that they don't provide the same user experience on the different platforms. I wondered how other people use 'the backdrop' in cross-platform situations?

The other desktop objects have their own commands, giving you control over specific elements:

  set the backdrop to "blue"
  hide menubar
  show taskbar

On OS X, hiding the menubar also hides the Dock.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal