Trevor DeVore wrote:
On Feb 20, 2006, at 5:27 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

Regardless of the above, you couldn't say a truer thing. Reserved words shouldn't be used for variable names.

Jacque,

I'm going to respectfully disagree on this one in that I haven't found any problems with using reserved words as keys of custom property sets. Here is why -

It's okay, I agree there isn't any problem with your approach. I stand by the generic statement though, because so much of my business is converting HyperCard stacks to Revolution and I constantly run into things like this:

  put fld "name" into name
  put fld "date" into date

which throws compiler errors all over the place. So as a general rule I always say that avoiding reserved words as variable names is just a generally good idea.

You are just one of those people who know enough that they can break the rules. ;)

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]