On Feb 24, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Bill Marriott wrote:

This has no effect on the beep command.

True. The code uses the play command to play the sound file that other Windows apps use (or at least that is what my client told me).

You're changing the registry to select a different WAV file than the default for "SystemExclamation." You can set this value to anything you want and it
still won't play.

The code doesn't actually change the registry. It queries it to get the filepath to use with the play command.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com