I have had similar experiences to Dave. I have a fairly substantial client/server app, a student records system, using MySQL, and typically with 15 to 20 concurrent users on Win2K or XP (latest service packs). The app is launched from a read-only network volume. Rev 2.6.1 was very stable, both when working in the IDE (local stacks and db) and when deployed as a standalone on the network. That made me a little complacent, and I went ahead and upgraded the live app to 2.7 despite script editing in the IDE causing crashes (both the rev script editor and Constellation). Unfortunately the deployed standalone also exhibited stability problems, some text field related, others seemingly random crashes. Foolish me.

I have reverted to 2.6.1 (many thanks to Chipp for the plugin) and all is perfectly stable again. I am happy that many people are using 2.7 without problems, but the experiences of a few of us on this list demonstrate there is an issue. Trying to come up with recipes for these type of crashes is extemely time consuming, especially for those that happen in the standalone and not the IDE. I wish I could provide more information, but time is not on my side.

Steve

Dave Beck wrote:

For the record I want to say that when I installed Rev 2.7 on XP I had
crashes many times a day as well.