Hey Roger,

I tried the delimiter both ways and checked (and reset) my folder options - still no go. When I check the File Properties for the file "Hidden" is not checked after I've run the shell command on it . . .

Marty
basically I'm doing this:
#creating a text file
#then attempt to make it invisible:

put "attrib +h" && thePathToMyFile into commandString
get shell commandString

But my file remains visible.

Marty,

You may just be conflicting with your OS settings. Do you have XP folder options set to show hidden files? Another possibility is that you are using a / rather than a \ as the path folder delimiter. Any time you use shell on Windows, you need to replace "/" with "\" in commandString before executing the get shell command.

Roger Eller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>