Hello all -

I've been away for a few months and lo! when I get back to Rev (just when I thought I was starting to get the hang of it) they go and release a new version... :-)

A question: the release blurb for 2.7 says: "Render an image from any object on-screen, preserving the alpha channel, then transform and save." Now this seems to be exactly what I need!... I would like to convert some formatted text (i.e. a field) to a PNG file with transparency. Can I do this in 2.7? Can't find reference to this in docs.

I can achieve a similar effect by exporting (via snapshot) text on a white background then displaying resulting image using the "multiply" or "screen" inks (which are brilliant, btw) but that limits my options for colours in text.

Any ideas???

Regards,

Chris