Check this from the MySQL website:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/old-client.html

Hope this helps,

Michael Reade

On Mar 15, 2006, at 8:47 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:

On 3/15/06, Martin Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You need to use a login account whose password is in OLD_PASSWORD
format. Rev can't do the newer format. See MySQL docs for info in the
problems and common errors section.

The only thing I could find was the old_password variable, which default setting was OFF. I set it to ON but it made no difference I still get the:

 "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
consider upgrading MySQL client"

message.

Any further help appreciated.