Hi Folks,

Is it possible to store html styled text in an xml document and then successfully retrieve the text with html markup intact?

I'm working on an application where I need to save styled text in an XML document. I can successfully insert the htmlText of the styled field into the xml document so I end up with a node that looks like this:

<comments>
Here are my comments.
</comments>

However, when I read this node in with the revXMLNodeContents() function the html tags are stripped out and all I get is naked text. Here's a code snippet:

put revXMLNodeContents(vSessionTreeID,vCurrentComment) into tCommentTxt set the htmlText of fld "comments" of cd theCard of stack "ClipData" to tCommentTxt

When I examine the tCommentTxt variable in the variable watcher I see:

Here are my comments.
Some of the text is colored red & blue

Notice that it correctly rendered the ampersand entity. But the formatting is gone.

Is there a way to do this? Will I have to resort to saving the RTFtext in the xml node or something like that?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University