I've been reworking my framework and its data management engine to explore ways it can shorten my development time even more. Since MVC is the buzzword du jour, I've been looking into ways of implementing MVC in Rev.

Factoring code, data, and presentation is generally easy in Rev, and with getProp and setProp it's not hard to establish triggers for updating UI elements. But as for MVC per se, I'm not yet certain that particular OOP pattern is a good fit for Transcript.

With Cocoa it makes a lot of sense, mostly because Cocoa is inherently OOP and the MVC classes are built in from the ground up. There it fits like a glove; in fact, it *is* the glove.

But if we step back from the specifics of MVC implementations in other languages and look instead to the goals it serves and the benefits it provides, I'm left wondering:

Are there simpler ways to get the same productivity benefits in Rev without adhering to formal definitions of MVC for other languages?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal