On Mar 23, 2006, at 9:24 AM, David Burgun wrote:

Hi,

Should the following lines work 100% of the time, regardless of how or where the message handler is called?

on MessageHandler
local myData

set the text of the long name of me to  "XXXXX"
put the text of the long name of me into myData
end MessageHandler

In this script 'the long name of me' is just like saying 'me'. It should work in any object that can contain text; i.e., fields and buttons. This should do the same thing:

set the text of me to "XXXXX"
put the text of me into myData

Devin

Devin Asay