Arthur Urban wrote:
I'm presuming you have massive speed issues? Well, even if you don't, I was thinking that maybe it would be best if you called SubHighlight in your rawKeyUp handler only for specific key presses like the spacebar or return key. That way you are colorizing only after complete words and lines have been entered. Just a thought, I don't know how exhaustive you need the user feedback to be. :)

Arthur,

Thanks a bunch for responding. Just reading your response made me think (that, and some sleep finally). While what you suggest sounds great, my routine would still make the program suffer, and that's because I'm checking the entire document. Instead, I should only check a chunk range that is around where the user is typing, and not the entire document.

Thanks again,
-Garrett