Thanks, Ken. Unfortunately that didn't quite do the trick for me. My situation seems a little bit different from that explained in this link. I tried adapting it to work for me but couldn't quite get there. No matter what I try, once the report building process starts I can't do anything else. And this is a lot of code executing. So going into it at this point and putting in some kind of command here and there to update my modal dialog would be a lot of work. I think this is a situation where threads would come in handy.

Anyway, thanks for the idea, but got any others?  :-)

Chris