On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:32 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

Devin,

The trick seems to be that you upload and download the image data as *text* (as opposed to the imageData of the image, which is binary.) I may have this all wrong conceptually, but that's how it finally made sense to me.

An image's "Text" property is binary data that comprises the image. The problem arises because, until one reads the Dictionary, one might easily assume an image's Text property contains text, just like a field.

So, just as one might...

        get URL (("file:"&textFileName))
        put it into field "Main Text"

one should be able to (untested)

        get URL (("binfile:"&imageFileName))
        put it into image "Main Image"

Which is essentially what I ended up doing, and it worked. Is it correct to assume that 'the text' is binary data expressed as ASCII text and data like 'the imageData' is "lower-level" code that can't be expressed visually in a meaningful way? Forgive my naive non- techie questions.

Am I correct in my understanding that these two statements are functionally identical:

        put myData into image "myImage"
        set the text of image "myImage" to myData

?

In other words, 'put' is simply shorthand for 'set the text of <object>'?

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University