Iden Rosenthal wrote:
I have a one field one card stack with three sentences of text. I want to highlight each sentence (well ideally each word as it is read but that I am leaving for right now) as it is read. What I have written works fine on the Mac using the Player for Mac. It doesn't play on the Windows player. In an earlier incarnation of this stack I was just selecting the text to be read. That version read the text aloud in Windows but it didn't select any of the text except the last sentence. Now when I am trying to set the foregroundColor of the text to be read the Windows player not only doesn't set the color, it doesn't even read the text.

Is there a good reference for how to write for the Windows player, i.e. what works and what doesn't?

on mouseUp
  put fld "maintext" into theText
  set the itemDelimiter to "."
  repeat with k = 1 to the number of items in theText
    put item k of theText into theSentence
    set the foregroundColor of item k of fld "maintext" to blue
    try
      revspeak theSentence
    catch theError
      beep
    end try
    wait until revIsSpeaking() is false
    set foregroundColor of item k of fld "maintext" to black
  end repeat

  set the itemDelimiter to ","
end mouseUp

Iden,

Maybe the traversalon of the button is true. On windows that will steal focus from the field when the button is clicked, as buttons can get focus on Windows but not on Mac. Which might cause what you describe.
If so, try setting the traversalon property of the button to false.

Martin Baxter