James Spencer wrote:
Richard and Jim thank you both. It was because I was well aware that there were these exceptions not listed and because it is not a trivial task that I asked my question.

If there's a simple way to do proper window staggering it eluded my best effort. :)

One thing I found handy from Cocoa is the concept of a default width for documents. You can use that div 2 from center to get the values for the left and right of the window, and in a generalized library that may be helpful as you'll be able to use it on all sorts of different documents.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal