At 6:22 PM -0400 4/16/2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
   I'm working with MetaCard 2.4.1, running under MacOS 9.0.2 (it serves my
needs, what can I say?). I have a stack with a custom property called
"AdMailTemplate". This property contains a file. I know it's *in* there, because the statement "answer the length of (the AdMailTemplate of this stack)" gives me the
length of the file... but "answer (the AdMailTemplate of this stack)" gives
me *nothing*.

The answer command will put that property into a field, so if it contains nulls it's certainly possible that it will screw up the display such that you won't see anything.

What format was the file to start with? What happens if you put the custom property into a file: or binfile: URL - does it reconstitute the file?
--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jaedworks.com