Chipp Walters wrote:
Spoke too quick. Turns out the Mac Mini I was referring to was not a Core Duo but Core Solo. Bummer. So, now a 1.66Ghz, 1GB memory, 100Gb hard drive MacMini costs $959 (without tax). Add a OEM version of WinXP Home and you're up over $1000. I can get way much more down at the CompUSA for way less.

Or blow off both OS vendors and cut the price in half by getting just about any Linux pre-installed system.

Bummer, for a second I thought Apple had a product reasonably priced.

On what planet?

They didn't get the highest margins in the industry with the most highly compensated CEO by looking out for the customers' bottom line. ;)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation