Hello all -

Anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to intercept input from the Apple remote control?

I have to say I am mightily unimpressed with Front Row. After you get past the initial wow factor of the whizz-bang carousel effect, the rest of the interface (i think) is very limited. E.g. to select shared music is a couple of presses down, even though that is all I *ever* want to do (I have no music stored locally on the MiniMac). Then when I do get to choose a track, I am stuck with the track name/ artist in enormous white lettering. Yuk.

Front Row might be fine to cover general use for most users, but I (having access to Rev's abilities) could do much better for my own *personal* set up. E.g. I could (and have) use Rev to do custom still/video slideshow or make internet radio interface - but I wish I could hijack the remote control!!!

I have tried switching on the message watcher and pressing buttons on the remote in the hope that it might trigger something (e.g. rawkeydown) but nada.

Any ideas?

Chris