Hi Bob

You're welcome. I've had many very helpful suggestions from this list, so it's only right that I chip in with some help as well!

This list is the BIGGEST selling point for Rev - fast help from friendly people, what more can a stressed out programmer ask for!!

Cheers

Peter

Hello Peter, and thank you for responding -- and quickly, too. Yes, I am
working on a Mac, but I want to develop a standalone for Windows as well.

I thought I was doing what you suggested with the script in the openCard
handler:

put the defaultFolder & "/" & "Movie trial.mov" into movieName
set the fileName of player "Play" to movieName

I put the fileName of player "Play" into a field so I can take a look at it,
and I thought it gave me the absolute path to the .mov file regardless of
the computer. In the Mac application package, it starts with /Users/ and
ends with MacOS/Movie trial.mov

However, I am missing the Contents folder ahead of the MacOS folder in the
fileName. I thought the default folder would be the application folder, but
apparently it isn't. I can see in the finder window that I am missing this
folder.

You have been very helpful. I will add the folders ahead of the MacOS
folder. Thanks so much.

The people on this list are invaluable. RunRev should pay you.

Bob

--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK